Online Intensive Session Contract
Working remotely is an amazing facility that allows so many to access resources as they need them. Here are some factors that you should be aware of that affect online work.
- Although I maintain confidentiality, you should understand that any online material once launched is never completely inaccessible. I use Zoom as my online platform which has a HIPAA rating for security. Please ensure that you secure your computer and emails against unauthorised viewing by third parties. It is recommended that you only use a private computer and not a work or public computer. Please ensure you keep your anti-viral protection up-to-date and I will undertake to do the same. Turn off or disable any unnecessary applications, particularly those that may frequently connect to the internet and ensure that your computer is regularly checked for computer viruses and spyware.
- I usually record sessions so that the couple can have a link to that recording and am happy to send the link to you. Let me know however if you prefer not to be recorded. I do international clinical training and I will always check with you if I would like to use a clip of your recording. You are welcome to accept or refuse!
- If our session is interrupted by an internet failure on my end, the time will be made up at my earliest availability. If our session is interrupted by internet failure on your end then I will do my best to offer some time at a reduced charge of 50% to complete the work. In the event of my falling sick I will let you know as soon as possible and offer new appointments at the earliest convenience.
- You will need equipment that will support a good online experience (please see the Tips for Online Intensive Session Information Sheet)
- As a member of BACP I am bound by the BACP’s ‘Ethical Framework for good practise in Counselling and Psychotherapy’ and practice online under UK laws that may differ to other countries.